DishTV India is an Indian direct broadcast satellite service provider in India.
Mobile App Bot.
Founded in 2014, DishTV has become the world's second largest direct-to-home (DTH) entertainment company. With it's ever growing customer base, DishTV wanted to focus on maximising customer satisfaction and offer an unparalleled customer experience to its' subscribers.
As of 2019, DishTV handled a call volume of over 3.5 Million calls / month and over 90,000 emails / month.
DishTV wanted to solve for the following key challenges:
1) Reduce Operational Costs: Reducing the cost of every customer interaction, so that customer service can improve and scale.
2) Improve Customer satisfaction: Improve customer satisfaction, lift NPS score and retain customer by ensuring a happy customer.
3) Improve turnaround time and continuously improve:
Improve the turn-around time needed to resolve customer queries and grievances.
Offer instant resolution to issues such as billing, channel availability and network issues.
A growing businesses, having millions of customers always has the problem of scaling customer support while maintaining high quality customer experience. With high volume and outsourced providers, the quality of service varies greatly - leaving many customers disgruntled and dissatisfied.
This is where the ORI developed bot - ADI comes in.
Offering high-level, quality support in seconds rather than days.
In today's era of instant gratification - customers can easily get frustrated if they don't get what they need.
ADI was created to solve exactly this - instant, immediate and high quality resolution.
With a direct API connect to DishTV's back end systems - queries about recharges, channel packages and billing can be solved instantly.
ADI's sophisticated NLP engine determines the issue at hand with ease and brings up the relevant solution.
It's advanced artificial intelligence system learns and improves with every interaction - managing L1, L2 and even L3 queries.
With this, a bulk of DishTv's customer support volume is directed to a faster, more efficient solution, reducing resource requirements and thus saving a customer support costs.
Routine queries such as service queries, package availability, pricing were automated and optimised.
Complex queries that involved multiple conversations such as package management, login verifications, troubleshooting were also managed by ADI. This was due to the omni-channel technology that allowed users to pick-up the conversation where it last ended.
With a link to payment gateways, ADI could manage end to end transactional support along with failure recovery mechanisms.
DishTV's monthly call volumes fell by 950,000 (23%) and monthly email volumes fell by 27,000 (30%) with ADI. Call centre deflection trends can be viewed below:
Call centre deflection trends on account of support queries manages by the ORI developed support bot - ADI.
Other results after implementation of ADI were:
1) Increase in NPS by 3 points, when compared to voice call centre.
2) Uptake for services increased by 4X on ADI compared to other channels because of dynamic trigger points (behaviour and clickstream based) that suggested longer duration payments and relevant value added services.
3) 40% of all new incoming leads attributed to ADI.
4) Over 50% of all orders on the website and app are now via ADI.
5) Apart from efficiency improvements, the complex nature of queries that ADI supports allowed DishTV to gather customer insights and sentiment for new product development and pre-empt change in customer desires.
Savings in Opex.
Improved self-care resolution, bringing down call centre + email volumes.
Reduction in response times.
Instant automated responses for complex customer queries across customer lifecycle.
Increase in personalisation
Better engagement with customers using the ORI proprietary service recovery and campaign triggers.
Cheaper than traditional interaction mediums of calls + emails.
Increased Agent productivity
Improved per agent revenue via automated agent assist bots.
The time it takes for ADI to respond to customer queries.